Englishman River Watershed Recovery Plan Steering Committee (ERWRP)MVIHES coordinates and disseminates information regarding the Recovery Plan progress as well as investigating opportunities for community involvement. We are also responsible for raising awareness of the Recovery Plan through newsletters, press notices, public events and public education both in the schools and throughout the community.
Advisory Committee for the Georgia Basin/Vancouver Island Living Rivers Fund Advisory CommitteeMVIHES is a member of the Living Rivers Fund advisory committee representing Englishman River Watershed Recovery Plan, and stewardship groups in general.
Regional District of Nanaimo Drinking Water - Watershed Protection Stewardship Committee
MVIHES was invited to represent community interests and stewardship on the committee that developed the Action for Water Plan.
School District 69 Visioning Project
MVIHES participated in Phase 1 of School District 69’s visioning exercise to create a relevant and imaginative vision for the future of education in the district.
MVIHES has partnered with a variety of like-minded groups and government agencies, our recent projects have seen us partner with:
- Seagrass Conservation Working Group
- The Nature Trust of BC
- Ministry of Environment, Fisheries
- Ministry of Environment, Environmental Stewardship
- Ministry of Environment, Parks and Protected Areas
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Oceans, Habitat and Enhancement Branch
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Community Advisor
- BC Conservation Foundation
- Regional District of Nanaimo, Planning
- Regional District of Nanaimo, Environmental Services
- Regional District of Nanaimo, Recreation and Parks
- Seachange Marine Conservation Society
- Arrowsmith Naturalists
- Mount Arrowsmith Biosphere Reserve
- Western Canada Wilderness Committee
- Friends of French Creek Conservation Society
- Nile Creek Enhancement Society
- Qualicum Beach Streamkeepers
- Town of Qualicum Beach
- City of Parksville
- Parksville Streamkeepers
- Dr. Gilles Wendling